The Event Gateway combines both API Gateway and Pub/Sub functionality into a single event-driven experience. It’s dataflow for event-driven, serverless architectures. It routes Events (data) to Functions (serverless compute). Everything it cares about is an event! Even calling a function. It makes it easy to share events across different systems, teams and organizations!
- Platform agnostic – All your cloud services are now compatible with one another: share cross-cloud functions and events with AWS Lambda, Microsoft Azure, IBM OpenWhisk and Google Cloud Platform.
- Send events from any cloud – Data streams in your application become events. Centralize events from any cloud provider to get a bird’s eye view of all the data flowing through your cloud.
- React to cross-cloud events – You aren’t locked in to events and functions being on the same provider: Any event, on any cloud, can trigger any function. Set events and functions up like dominoes and watch them fall.
- Expose events to your team – Share events and functions to other parts of the application. Your teammates can find them and utilize them in their own services.
- Extendable through middleware – Perform data transforms, authorizations, serializations, and other custom computes straight from the Event Gateway.
The Event Gateway is a L7 proxy and realtime dataflow engine, intended for use with Functions-as-a-Service on AWS, Azure, Google & IBM.