Project Harbor is an enterprise-class registry server that stores and distributes Docker images. Harbor extends the open source Docker Distribution by adding the functionalities usually required by an enterprise, such as security, identity and management. As an enterprise private registry, Harbor offers better performance and security. Having a registry closer to the build and run environment improves the image transfer efficiency. Harbor supports the setup of multiple registries and has images replicated between them. In addition, Harbor offers advanced security features, such as user management, access control and activity auditing.
- Role based access control: Users and repositories are organized via ‘projects’ and a user can have different permission for images under a project.
- Policy based image replication: Images can be replicated (synchronized) between multiple registry instances. Great for load balancing, high availability, multi-datacenter, hybrid and multi-cloud scenarios.
- LDAP/AD support: Harbor integrates with existing enterprise LDAP/AD for user authentication and management.
- Image deletion & garbage collection: Images can be deleted and their space can be recycled.
- Graphical user portal: User can easily browse, search repositories and manage projects.
- Auditing: All the operations to the repositories are tracked.
- RESTful API: RESTful APIs for most administrative operations, easy to integrate with external systems.
- Easy deployment: Provide both an online and offline installer. Besides, a virtual appliance for vSphere platform (OVA) is available.