Permify is a Golang-based open-source authorization service for creating and maintaining fine-grained authorizations across your applications and services.
Permify converts authorization data as relational tuples into a database you point at. We called that database a Write Database (WriteDB), which behaves as a centralized data source for your authorization system. You can model your authorization with Permify’s DSL – Permify Schema – and perform access checks with a single API call anywhere on your stack. Access decisions made according to stored relational tuples.
The data model is inspired by Google’s consistent, global authorization system, Google Zanzibar Paper.
- If you already have an identity/auth solution and want to plug in fine-grained authorization on top of that.
- If you’re managing authorization for growing micro-service infrastructure.
- If your authorization logic is cluttering your code base.
- If you want to create a unified access control mechanism for individual applications.
- If your data model is getting too complicated to handle your authorization within the service.
- If your authorization is growing too complex to handle within code or API gateway.
Convert & store authorization data in-house with high availability.
Easily model and refactor your authorization with Permify’s DSL, Permify Schema.
Audit & Reason your access control hassle-free with user interface.
Analyze the performance and behavior of your authorization with tracing tools jaeger, signoz or zipkin.
Low latency with parallel graph engine on access checks.