What is Bytebase Database CI/CD solution?
Bytebase is a Database CI/CD solution for Developers and DBAs. It’s the only database CI/CD project included in the CNCF Landscape. The Bytebase family consists of these tools:
- Bytebase Console: A web-based GUI for developers and DBAs to manage the database development lifecycle.
- Bytebase CLI (bb): The CLI to help developers integrate MySQL and PostgreSQL schema change into the existing CI/CD workflow.
- Bytebase GitHub App and SQL Review GitHub Action: The GitHub App and GitHub Action to detect SQL anti-patterns and enforce a consistent SQL style guide during Pull Request.
MySQL PostgreSQL TiDB ClickHouse Snowflake
GitOps workflow, database-as-Code, login with VCS account, project membership sync.
GitLab CE/EE GitHub.com
- Web-based database change and management workspace for teams
- SQL Review
- UI-based change workflow
- Version control-based change workflow (Database-as-Code)
- SQL Review Rules
- Built-in SQL Editor
- Detailed migration history
- Multi-tenancy (rollout change to homogeneous databases belonging to different tenants)
- Online schema change based on gh-ost
- Backup and restore
- Point-in-time recovery (PITR)
- Anomaly center
- Environment policy
- Approval policy
- Backup schedule enforcement
- Schema drift detection
- Backward compatibility schema change check
- Role-based access control (RBAC)
- Webhook integration for Slack, Discord, MS Teams, DingTalk(钉钉), Feishu(飞书), WeCom(企业微信)
Bytebase is built with a curated tech stack. It is optimized for developer experience and is very easy to start working on the code:
- It has no external dependency.
- It requires zero config.
- 1 command to start backend and 1 command to start frontend, both with live reload support.