Beehive is an event and agent system, which allows you to create your own agents that perform automated tasks triggered by events and filters. It is modular, flexible and really easy to extend for anyone. It has modules (we call them Hives), so it can interface with, talk to, or retrieve information from Twitter, Tumblr, Email, IRC, Jabber, RSS, Jenkins, Hue – to name just a few. Check out the full list of available Hives in our Wiki.
Connecting those modules with each other lets you create immensly useful agents.
Here are just a few examples of things Beehive could do for you:
- Re-post tweets on your Tumblr blog
- Forward incoming chat messages to your email account
- Turn on the heating system if the temperature drops below a certain value
- Run your own IRC bot that lets you trigger builds on a Jenkins CI
- Control your Hue lighting system
- Notify you when a stock’s price drops below a certain value